Sunday, March 1, 2015

The Oscars ceremony, 2015

Last week's Oscar ceremony is now one for the history books. The most memorable moment from the night might very well be Lady Gaga's medley of "Sound of Music" songs, paying tribute to the film's 50th Anniversary. Out of all the winners, I'm happiest that "Ida" won for Best Foreign Language film. It is my favorite movie of the year. Overall I liked Neil Patrick Harris as host but I didn't like when he picked on Robert Duvall and Harry Belafonte. And he made some off-color comments about a woman's dress (which I didn't even notice!). I liked the musical performances by the 5 nominated songs (especially the Selma performance), but whenever they do 5 songs, they should cut down on any other songs. The Sound of Music tribute was OK, but I didn't think we needed the "In Memoriam" tribute song by J-Hud. By the way, I liked their "In Memoriam" montage this year, composed of illustrated portraits. After years of mediocre tributes, I think they should stick with this style.

No comments:

Post a Comment